Saturday 15 September 2012

Dougal - Update

Giunio telephoned this morning to say that Dougal had a good night and was comfortable. Sounds like the message you get when you ring a hospital about an inpatient. It is too soon to know how successful the operation has been. They ring you twice a day with updates, but only once at the weekend; you can ring them if you wish.
Then just after lunch they rang again and I thought the worst. However, there had been a mix up and I had written down the wrong home telephone number when I booked him in, which is why they had telephoned my mobile. It was the receptionist this time so at least I was able to tell her that he preferred chicken to fish, which I had omitted from the admission form. She did say he would be tempted by a variety of things until they found something he likes, but I doubt they will provide fresh mice!

No comments:

Post a Comment