Friday 21 November 2014

Christmas Cake


This morning I went to Saffron Walden with my daughter to have my nails done at Manhattan Nails; they have at last recovered from the dreadful treatment they endured from a different 'nail' shops here instead of soaking off the gel nails, they filed them off, burning the nail and me underneath.

As usual we went to The Courtyard for breakfast. They have very recently been taken over and the standard, in our opinion, was not as good as before. They did not have any gluten-free bread and the gluten-free cake was not being delivered until later. In the past they have had gluten-free bread and cakes. My daughter had a full English breakfast, the menu said two sausages and there was only one on the plate. I had some of the items from the full English breakfast, but obviously without those items, which contain gluten. I did not have eggs, but found a piece of eggshell in my mouth! I was also charged for a full English; there did not appear to be any other way to charge me. We will go again next time we have our nails done, but if the standard is not as it used to be, then we shall go elsewhere.


Some of the ingredients.

During the afternoon I have weighed and measured all the ingredients to make two Christmas cakes, in my opinion, this is the tedious part. Tomorrow I shall just have to mix everything together and bake them. I am using a different recipe this year, so hopefully they will turn out okay. I have also purchased some new baking tins. One round and one square, they are loose bottomed ones, but with a silicone base. I purchased them from Lakeland in Cambridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment