Wednesday 13 May 2015

Just Now The Lilac Is In Bloom




Today I decided that as the builders were not on site, it was time that I did some intensive housework; I am not noted for doing housework!

So I got our new Karcher Window Vac out of its box, charged it up and proceeded to clean the patio doors, I had done thirteen sides when it refused to work. Dead battery I assumed, but when I put it on charge it glowed a steady green. My husband thinks it is a switch that is stuck and the machine will not switch on or off. The manufacturers were emailed, no reply yet.

I did the remaining five panes, using Mr Muscle window cleaner and elbow grease. The Karcher is good for getting rain splashes and dirt off the window, but I also got a lot of streaks. I think once I have one that works I will use it first to clean the windows and then go over them again with Mr Muscle to get rid of the streaks and make them shine.

Next I tackled the shower room, the grouting is now dry and although they have been cleaned twice, a third washing was needed. I was not aware that tilers made such a mess when grouting tiles; another thorough wash is in order. Having said that, the shower room is almost finished, as far as the builders are concerned, although we will have the tiler back, who we employed, to tile three more floors.

Today’s picture is of the side of one of our Lilac bushes; this view is hardly ever photographed. The grass was cut last week, but looks as though it needs cutting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment