Monday 4 July 2011

The First of Many?



This is the first tomato to turn red this year. It is in a hangling basket situated in the pagola. I have four baskets of these Tumbling Tom Thumb as well as other varieties in pots on the veranda. I am also growing runner beans in pots this year as back problems have prevented me from cultivating the veg patch; well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Today my daughter has started work again full-time after almost fifteen years of raising children and working part-time at the local school to fit in with small children. Now they are older and at Grammar School they are much more self-sufficient, but I have volunteered to supervise them for an hour or so until she comes home. I will also look after them during some of the summer holidays; something me and my husband are looking forward to. 

Today I have almost completed my assignment for my Open University course. I have my ten images ready and my answers to part two questions completed. However, they need a little more editing as I am well over the word count on one of them. I will leave the answers overnight now and finish it off and submit it in the morning.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment