Tuesday 9 December 2014

Robin


Once again I was thwarted in my quest to capture a picture of a steam train for my blip. One was due to come through at 1255 hours and so as not to miss it I was waiting out in the cold, thirty minutes before she was due. However, as there is a fireman’s strike today, I learnt that the carriages were being pulled by a diesel; how disappointing for those who had paid over £200 for the trip. Here was another problem too, the overhead power lines were down somewhere along her route and although these would not be necessary for a diesel, by 1320 hours, when she had not appeared I came back indoors. There will be another one coming through on Thursday morning; maybe!

Instead I am posting a picture of a Robin sitting on one of the tray feeders. It was taken through a none too clean kitchen window.

This evening I am out for a Christmas meal with some former work colleagues. It has not been much, if at all, above freezing all day and it looks as though it is about to snow, although the GOG does not think so. If it snows, then I will not be going anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment