Friday 31 December 2010

2010 - The Last Post

As was tradition for many people where I was born, the Christmas decorations are removed on the last day of the year and the house is thoroughly cleaned; this has been done today.


The Christmas tree was a small Norwegian Spruce complete with root and this has been planted in the garden. Whilst it has been in the house, it has already started to produce new shoots. Last year's tree and the tree from the year before, are still growing nicely, however last year's tree has been 'pruned' by the deer so will not grow very tall. This is not a problem as it is in a border, which I am trying to make into a shrubbery with plants and shrubs between three and six feet tall. Today I have also planted, in the same border, two small trees similar to Christmas trees, which grow to about four feet high.


Whilst in the garden I also pruned a small plant whose name I do not know and also several lavenders, probably the wrong time of year to do this, but it has now been done and the border looks much tidier; overall a half an hour well spent.


Next year in the garden I plan to grow more vegetables if possible and fill the 'curved' border, with more shrubs. I may include a lot more lavender and rosemary bushes, as the deer are not fond of these so they may survive better. I will also try and fill all the other borders and keep them all weed free, but time and my blogs will tell if this is achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment