Wednesday 22 December 2010

Ready for Christmas?

The postman called this afternoon, the first time for four days and we only had two inches of snow. Apprently it was too snowy on Monday for Royal Mail to allow their postmen to go out! Earlier this month I saw a notice at the Post Office advertising their services and claiming that they would get the Christmas post deliveried on time even during evenings and weekends, bit contradictory me thinks. The postman himself told me he was worried he might get stuck, but two large dustcarts as well as the small dustcart and my Sainsbury lorry managed to get down the road, along with many vehicles visiting the railway station; none of them got stuck.


No further snow overnight, so turkey collected, presents bought and wrapped and all the cards sent. However, all was not straightforward when collecting the turkey. My daughter stepped onto the travelator, similar to those at airports and slipped over. She has a very grazed and bruised elbow, not to mention many bruises elsewhere, fortunately nothing was broken so she was able to drive home.


Snow has been forecast for here all day, but has not yet arrived, maybe tonight, maybe not. However, I have nothing much left to do involving travel now until after Christmas so as far as I am concerned it makes no difference whether there is more snow or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment