Monday 27 December 2010

Researching - Who shall I consider today?

Well, the two main days of doing very little at Christmas are now over, so for the rest of the holiday I can continue with my family research, but which name or branch shall I consider next? 


I have researched a long way back with the Ream family of Wisbech and Newton, but need to confirm some of my recent findings and then put more flesh on the bones; I also have to write up many of these details.


What about the Leverington side? Again I have a lot of information and much still to research and to write up; this is also true of the Browns, mainly in Canada. The Lamm family in Germany are causing a problem and I think this is one brick wall which will take some knocking down. What about further research for the Blackstaffes, not today. Today I think I will concentrate on the Canadian side as it is believed that there were some native Indian ancestors and I think the first one has now been found; time and much further research will prove or disprove the connections. 


It is not just a matter of finding the names and entering the information on to the family tree. Everything has to be confirmed and then documented to produce comprehensive reports to support the information in the tree. I have been researching the family history for many years and there is still so much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment