Friday 31 December 2010

The end of 2010

Well it is New Year's Eve and this is one of the days I do not like; Christmas Eve being the other one. As far as I am concerned it is now 2011, as I have watched the Australian fireworks heralding the New Year. As was tradition, for some of the local people, where I was born, the Christmas decorations have been removed and the house cleaned. 


2010 has not been as good a year as I had hoped for, like 2009 it brought many more health problems for my husband; maybe 2011 will be better, but there will still be many visits to Addenbrookes hospital in 2011.


I plan to work less in 2011 and with this in mind I have given up tutoring one course for the coming year. This still leaves me with two separate courses, Psychology and Heath. With my husband's health problems, I will have much more to do in the garden as well as around the house. I will also try to make more jams, chutneys and preserves than this past year and concentrate on knitting and crafts, which have been neglected somewhat this year. On my husband's good days I hope we will be able to go out more often to places we enjoy visiting. This is the plan, but whether it is achievable is debatable; read my blogs for 2011 to see how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment