Friday 6 April 2012

Good Friday - 6 April 2012

Today I planned to adapt a recipe, provided by a fellow Blipper to make Soda Bread, but to make a gluten-free version of it suitable for coeliacs; alas it has not happened.

Instead I have spent the morning and some of the afternoon, in the A and E department at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge, with my daughter and grandson. He has damaged his foot again at judo, but fortunately, this time nothing is broken; it is very swollen, has to be rested and kept elevated.

I also planned to make a gluten-free Moist Fruit Cake and a Light Sponge, both from my Seriously Good Gluten-Free Baking book by Phil Vickery; maybe tomorrow. If I do make them, I will post some pictures and report how well they have turned out.

Today's Weather
There was a sharp frost during the night and the temperature dropped to minus six in my garden, resulting in frozen cars and pretty white grass. The day itself is quite cold and there is a light wind, although the sun has been shining. The temperature as risen during the day to about 12 degrees Celsius; the pressure has dropped five millibars to 1050 in the last five hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment