Thursday 12 April 2012

A visit to Cambridge and Open University results.

Today we visited Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge and then went into town and bought some lovely new bed linen. We had quite a lot of Marks and Spencer vouchers and so we used those and only paid £5 for a new duvet cover and pillow cases, four plain white pillow cases, two bottom fitted sheets and two new duck down pillows; a bargain.

We also ate in John Lewis and had a very late lunch/early dinner; they have a lovely new menu with several puddings which are suitable for coeliacs.

Here we have some plum blossom - variety Opal, the picture is taken through a wire cage as this is a young tree and this is the first blossom it has produced. The wire cage is necessary to protect it from deer and rabbits. If you look very closely the blossom also has some raindrops on it.



I got my results today for my first assignment for the Open University module that I am doing; death and dying. Not a great result, but not the worst I have ever had. As I am also a tutor I know I have to give the reasons why marks are lost, but this is not so here. I have one overall mark for the three questions. My referencing ‘needs attention’ and I was pointed at the referencing guide, no example given. The referencing guide mentioned is nineteen pages long, I have already read it several times and I am still none the wiser! I got lots of ‘yes’ comments, but not much feedback although I was told it was ‘acceptable’; acceptable to whom I wonder?

I should be going to yoga this evening, but have rather too much to do so I will give it a miss tonight.

Today’s Weather
Sunshine and showers, with heavy rain at times.



No comments:

Post a Comment