Saturday 28 April 2012

A Wet Day

It has been raining all morning and it does not look like stopping, there were a lot of snails rampaging about the garden. In fact there must have been at least a hundred on the old fennel stalks alone.


 













I am not keen on snails, but I was surprised by the variety of snail shell patterns and body colours of the snails. I suspect that they will soon find their way to the front garden where the hostas grow and to the vegetable patch; perhaps they will not survive there very long.


I have ordered, from Sutton’s Seeds, four more fruit trees for the garden, an apple, pear, plum and cherry, they come with a free Queen Elizabeth rose bush.


Today’s Weather
Raining all day and quite cold, temperatures not even getting up to ten degrees Celsius.

1 comment:

  1. Those are really clever snail pics. Glad I'm not the only one fancying the adult scooter

    ReplyDelete